Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Transferred?

Dear Family and Friends,
I hope you all have a great Valentine's Day this week! It's a great day to go out and share the gospel, and share the love with everyone!

So first of all, TRANSFER ANNOUNCEMENTS! Yes, we had transfer announcements yesterday. Guess what? I'm staying in Fairview! Sister Collins and I were pretty sure that I was staying since she's been here for about 7 months, but now it has been confirmed! My new companion will be a Sister Lavador, and I've heard some great things about her! She's from Cebu. I am so excited to have a Filipino companion! We have lots of work to do here in Fairview, so I'm excited for the next transfer!

Sister Collins is transferring to Camarin, and guess who her companion is?? Sister Clark! (My companion in the MTC.) She's so lucky! Sister Clark is great, so I'm sure this next transfer will be fun for them. Sister Plame is going to train this transfer, and it looks like she is staying in Fairview! She has been here the whole time I have, so we were excited that we're both staying here. Sister Banaylo is transferring. Sadly. She has only been in Fairview for one transfer, and now she is going to Malolos. She was pretty bummed. She has transferred every transfer except when she was training, but we know she'll be great in her new area!

This week has been a pretty good week! It's been kind of a slow week this week. We had some problems with people in our house being sick this week, but everyone is ok now!
 I can definitely testify to the power of the priesthood! Our Zone Leaders came over to give one of my kabahays a blessing, and you could just feel the power that they both brought with them! It was cool to see that.

We had such a great lesson with one of our investigators this week! She is amazing! She is living with a less-active family who is starting to come back to church, and they all are doing great! At our last lesson with her, she shared with us how she knew this church is true, and she knows that the Book of Mormon is true. What?? We were so excited! I don't know that I'll be here for her baptism though. She wants to wait until the mom of the less-active family gets back, so we'll have to wait to see when that will be!

I mentioned last week about how we were having some firesides with out ward about missionary week. Well this week, we had one with all of our auxiliary leaders, and it went very well! We talked about cleaning the 'inner vessel' first, and then cleaning the outer vessel. (Alma 60). All of our leaders are the inner vessel of our ward, and so we decided that this work needed to start with them. Luckily, they all agreed! They are excited for this work to progress forward.

I think that's about all that happened this week, so here's just a little something that I cam across in my personal study this week. Go to 2 Nephi 8:15. Here's what it says, "But I am the Lord thy God, whose waves roared; the Lord of Hosts is my name." For those of you who are really good in the scriptures, you probably know what it means when it says 'whose waves roared'... As for me, I had no idea. So I went to the cross reference in Revelations 11:3. The waves that this verse is talking about are the waves of the Red Sea. Ok. I didn't know that, but how cool of a thought is that? Now go to Mosiah 4:9. This talks about how God has all power on heaven and on earth. I think this is just the coolest thing! He has ALL power. Not just some, but all. It was enough to make waves roar. It is enough to comfort us when we need it. It is enough to help us when we need it. It is enough to do anything he wants to, and we should never forget that. I testify that our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ love us. They know us more than we can ever comprehend, and we should never forget that. Satan will not win this battle. He never even had a chance.

I love you all! Stay strong and have faith!

Love,
Sister Wilwand

No comments:

Post a Comment