Sunday, February 23, 2014

Nakakapagpapabagabag is a word!

Magandang hapon po!

Tacos!!

So yes, we did actually have tacos this week. They were Filipino style tacos, but they were tacos. And I think we might try to make brownies today... Maybe no bake cookies. We'll see what we're in the mood for. Hopefully our toaster over will work…


(Tacos, Filipino style!)

This week is going well!! We had Zone Interviews this week, which were great. We had several workshops from President and Sister Sperry, the Assistants to the President, and the Zone Leaders. It was awesome! We talked about all kinds of things. Memorizing scriptures, being bold, working with members. It really was just the right things that I needed to hear. A lot of what we talked about were things that I had been thinking about for a while. These leaders are definitely inspired for the people that they teach!

Things are progressing in Fairview! We had a couple of super amazing lessons this week with some of our less-actives. They are so great! For one particular lesson, things just fell perfectly into line. It was the absolute best lesson that we've ever had with this particular Brother, and we're pretty sure that he is going to come to church on Sunday. We walked away from that lesson about ready to burst with joy. It was so awesome!!! This work truly is the best work on the entire earth, and it is amazing!!!

I got my Valentine's Day package this week! It was funny though, because the first thing I pulled out was a can of tuna. I love it! Of course, we are enjoying all of the chocolate and everything, but we definitely had a laugh that I got tuna. And then we made some delicious tuna sandwiches with it, so it was perfect!!

Oh! And I got a bunch of letters from some certain Young Women in my hometown. You girls are amazing!! If I had some stamps, I'd send you a letter back... But I'm working on that. One will come though!

Our ward is definitely progressing!! We've had some member visits, and some member present lessons, and we're just working on getting our members excited about this work! They're all way awesome. We're also having something called a mini-MTC for the Primary, so I'm excited for that!! It'll be great.

What else... I got to go to the temple today!! I LOVE the temple. It is really the most amazing place on this entire world. Really...

Funny thing: did you know that nakakapagpapabagabag is a word? Try to say that 5 times fast... It's hard. It means something like worrisome or nervous.

Spiritual thing: here's something that I've slowly been realizing lately. The Priesthood is probably the coolest thing ever. It is literally the power of God given to worthy men here on earth. They have the authority to act on his name. Through this power, Jesus Christ created the world. He created the entire universe, and everything that's in it. Through the priesthood, Joseph Smith translated the Book of Mormon. Through the priesthood, people are healed. Through the priesthood, people are actually given comfort and peace. Through the priesthood, worthy males can perform saving ordinances for living people and people who have died. The priesthood is AMAZING. For all those men/boys who have the priesthood, don't ever let go of it. Always stay worthy to use that power. For those who don't have it, prepare to receive it. It'll be worth it.

I love this church, and I love this work that I get to be a part of!!

And of course, I love you all!!

Love,
Sister Wilwand

(Sister Wilwand says these are some of the nicer houses around where she lives!)

No comments:

Post a Comment