Sunday, March 30, 2014

San Mateo, Montalban

Hello from my new area!

I am now in San Mateo, Montalban!

Last Wednesday was our transfers, and whew! What a long day. I took a taxi with two other Elders that were also coming to Montalban. We fit all of our luggage into one taxi. Like a small, little car taxi. It was tough work, but we made it! It was a little bit of a long ride. Longer than it should have been actually. We ended up going farther than we were supposed to, and then we had to back track to our meeting point. After, we met up with our companions and headed off to our apartments, and off to work! Sister Kalama is my new companion, and she is awesome! She is the trainer of my MTC companion, and she was MTC companions with my trainer. So we're kind of just switching companions now... But yeah, she's way cool! We also have two other Sisters in our apartment, Sister Pristopher (she was in my first house) and Sister Munoz. They're both pretty quiet, so sometimes it seems like it's just the two of us, but it's pretty fun.

Sister Wilwand and her new companion, Sister Kalama



I miss Fairview quite a bit, but mostly just the families over there. We're hoping and praying that the new Sisters will be able to find all of our families. And hopefully they will continue to progress!

So let's see. I love my new area already! We've had kind of a slow week this week because so many people are busy, but things are going well. We've visited a lot of less-actives, because we don't really have very many investigators. Actually, we just have one. Our less-actives area really great, although they're not really progressing. Some are, but most aren't. So we have lots of works to do. We also really need to start finding some new investigators. We have a family that is hopeful, and we're going to teach them for the first time on Friday. Hopefully they turn out to be interested!

Pretty typical Filipino houses in the area where Sister Wilwand is serving


The kids here are the best! I met a couple of girls who pretty much became my best friends the minute I met them. It's fun =] We have a lot of little kids who sometimes follow us around, and are always so excited to see us. If you're having a bad day, just become a missionary and come to the Philippines. It's the best =]

Not much else has happened this week... Sister Kalama and I have decided to have a healthy transfer for the next 6 week. We're pretty excited about it =] We do workouts every morning, and dang, we are so sore! But it's a good kind of sore. We also eat lots of vegetables and everything, except on Mondays. We decided that Mondays are our cheat days. I am so excited, because there is a member in our ward who will let us come over and bake in her oven. I am sooo excited! I think today we're going to bake cheescake brownies... Or something delicious like that =]

Sister Wilwand's new apartment in San Mateo

What else is new... It's definitely summer in the Philippines! It is way hot over here! I even had people telling me that I was getting darker! And I have a watch tan. What?? I can get tan? Yes, that's right. People here said so, so it must be true.

I think that's about it! Sorry this is such a short email. Hopefully I'll have more to write about next week!

I love you all!!

Love,
Sister Wilwand

No comments:

Post a Comment