Wednesday, April 16, 2014

General Conference, Temples and more!

Dear everyone!

Hello from far away!

I hope you are all doing well! I love you all a ton!

Ok, so this week was a good week! We did lots of fun stuff this week.

First, we had a CSP last Wednesday (community service project). We got to dress up in these fancy bright yellow vests and then go and pick up trash around a neighborhood. It was actually really fun =] We just kind of all hung out with our zone and went around putting trash into big plastic bags. We got so dirty, and we were so tired, but it was way fun! At the end, we were washing off with a hose, and in this little house, there was a cat giving birth. So that was kind of gross to see, but hey, now I can say I've just about seen it all here…

Sister Kalama and Sister Wilwand (in some very crazy pants! I don't remember packing those!)



Sister Wilwand and her zone at the Community Service Project



Then, last weekend, we had General Conference!!! Oh my goodness, I loved it! It was really amazing. I didn't bring my notebook with me today, so next time I'll share some of my favorite quotes and things, but it truly was amazing! I can't believe that I used to sleep through this... Anyway, what an amazing opportunity we have to listen to our Prophet and his Apostles every six months! It is so needed, and it is awesome. If you didn't get to hear all the sessions, I would encourage you to go listen to them! They're really great, and I promise something in them will be just specifically for you.

Sister Wilwand and Sister Kalama, getting ready to watch General Conference


So then on Monday, we had Zone Conference. We got up super early and then jeeped with our zone and another zone about an hour away to our conference. It was so fun! I learned so much from all of the leaders that talked to us. It was amazing!! Again, I forgot my notebook, but I learned a ton. It was so awesome! We had a testimony meeting, and it was so great! The Spirit that these missionaries bring is so amazing. I really am lucky to be here with all of them. They strengthen me so much more than they even know!

Sister Wilwand and Sister Kalama on their way to Zone Conference

When you put the whole zone in one jeepney...



And today, we had temple day!! I love the temple! It's awesome! Today, we got up at 3 to get ready and then jeep to the temple. We are so tired, but it was so amazing! I love the temple, and it was fun just to talk to all the other missionaries in our zone and in the other zone. I loved it! The temple is such a special place to be, and to receive revelation and answers. Love it!


The Manila Temple at dawn

We love to see the temple, we're going there TODAY!


So, anyone who knows Sister Wilwand will realize that this is a very unusual photo. This is the girl who refuses to wear pink and has never, ever worn flowers!! Crazy what a mission does to someone ;)


Out for lunch after going to the temple

We pretty much had a really busy week this week, and it was great!

As for our area, it's doing alright! We have a progressing investigator, and I am so excited for her! She is a little girl who has been coming to church with a member family, and she is so excited to get baptized! And I am so excited for her! She's awesome!

And I thought only Elders took goofy mission pictures...


I think that's about it... I hope you are all doing well. Know that I love all of you, and I know that this church is true!!

Love,
Sister Wilwand


Bonus - Sister Kalama and Sister Wilwand doing their laundry. Yep, feeling pretty grateful for my washer & dryer right about now.



No comments:

Post a Comment