Monday, May 5, 2014

Almost time to Skype for Mother's Day!!

Wait, what?? It's Mother's Day this weekend?? Yay!! I get to skype my family!! I'm super excited for that!!! And of course:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY MOM THIS WEEK!!!! I won't tell you how old she'll be, but it's somewhere around the 20s ;)

So let's see. What's going on in the Philippines today? Well, we had transfer announcements yesterday!! And Sister Kalama and I are staying together!! We're both super excited for this next transfer!! But we do have a lot of people transferring in our zone, and we're really bummed about it. We had a really good zone this transfer, and I'm going to miss everyone who's transferring. Hopefully we'll have some cool people coming in!!

The Montalban Zone. I asked her what was on their faces. She said "tape." So literal, my girl :)

Sister Wilwand and Sister Pristopher (one of her kabahays) made a cake for transfer announcements. Baking is always interesting without an oven!

Some things that have happened in our area this week: We were supposed to have a baptism here in just a couple weeks, but it looks like that might not happen. The girl's Dad wants her to be 9 before she gets baptized, for several different reasons. We're hoping that we can talk to him and kind of find out what's going on soon. And we also hope that this might be a way to teach the whole family. So it's a bummer, but we're trying to look at the bright side!

Sister Wilwand and her kabahays - she told me it was just the start of the rainy season!

This week we had another CSP, where we helped a member clear a lot for a house. Woo! That was some hard work. I even got to chop down a tree!! I mean it was a small tree, but it was a tree!! It was awesome! It took us a while because there were these huge ants that kept crawling all over us. They were these orange ants that would bite us. It hurt, but it was more annoying than anything. We had to keep stopping to wipe them off and try not to get bit or anything.

We also met some cool people at church this week!! We met this member from Peru who is here with his wife. She's from the Philippines, and isn't a member yet. She seems really interested though, so we're going to try and go teach her this week. We're super excited!! The guy from Peru is way cool too. He doesn't speak Tagalog at all, so I'm not sure how that's going to work for him, but he does speak pretty good English. I wish I could remember more of my Spanish though...
We went up to Wawa again today!! This time I definitely got a few more pictures because my camera did not die. It's so beautiful up there!! It was nice to breath some clean air and it was a bit cooler up there next to the waterfall, so it was nice. I loved it!!

On the road to Wawa

Good thing I can't read Tagalog - the sign may or may not say "do not climb." I do know "bawal" means forbidden!

I love you all so much!! I love being out here as a missionary, and I'm so thankful for the opportunity that I have been given to serve the people of the Philippines. The people here are amazing, and the gospel is true!! I know that with all my heart, and I'm so grateful for the gospel in my life!! Have a fantastic week!!
Love,
Sister Wilwand

No comments:

Post a Comment