Sunday, May 11, 2014

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there! Especially to my mom and grandmas and great-grandmas. I love you all!


She made me a cake for my birthday! In the rice cooker...




So this week has been a good week!! First of all, I got to skype my family!! That was awesome!!! I got to talk with them for a couple hours, and it went by way too fast! But I loved it. My family is amazing, and I love them a lot!!!

Well, this last week was transfers. And what a sad day it was! We really have had the best zone this past transfer, and now half of our zone is gone. Of course, I still love all the missionaries that are here, but it will definitely be a different zone this next transfer. It's all good though! I'm sure we will have lots of fun. Sister Kalama and I are really excited to stay together! It'll be great =]

Last time together as a Zone before transfers

Some of Sister Wilwand's favorite people!

More favorites!



Not much else has happened this week, so I'll just tell you all about yesterday. Yesterday was probably the best Sunday that I have ever had in my mission, for several reasons. It really was a fantastic Sunday. For one thing, we had 4 investigators come to church. That is the most I have ever had in my entire mission. I think... Anyway, we also had 15 less-actives that came to church, which was another high for my mission! I just love this area so much!!! I was just so excited that I was able to see all of these families here at church! There are so amazing, and I just love them so much. We have some amazing families here. I am so grateful for each one of them.

And some really favorite people!


Another cool thing happened yesterday. I had been talking to Sister Kalama lately about how I'm kind of bummed that I haven't had any baptisms yet. But yesterday, I absolutely felt satisfied with the things that I have done on my mission. We have had so many families who seem like they are doing amazing, and I can't help but think that even if I don't have any baptisms, less-actives are still part of missionary work. It's hard to think that sometimes, but it's so true. Missionary work is not all about getting converts. Because if you convert someone and they go less-active, then what was the point of that baptism? It was just good to finally feel like I was satisfied with what I have done so far. Of course, I still have lots more work to do, but I love the families that we have been able to help so far, and I'm so grateful for each one of them.

I absolutely love being a missionary!! I love this church and the work that we get to do here for our Savior, Jesus Christ. I love you all!!

Love,
Sister Wilwand

P-Day hike


Stealing the Zone leaders' hats

Sister Kalama and Sister Wilwand in their San Mateo Saints jerseys

No comments:

Post a Comment