Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Miracles!

Hello to everyone!!

Well, this week was such a great week!! We've really been seeing so many miracles here in this area, and we love it!!

The first miracle we saw this week was... We got lost! Ok, just kidding. But it was actually pretty fun. If you know me at all, I'm not really great with directions, but I've been doing pretty good in this area. This week though, we got completely lost. And so we just kept walking and walking until we saw something we recognized. And you know what? Now we know our area even better, so it was really a blessing in disguise =]

Another thing that happened this week was that we had another mission tour! So we got to see everyone in our mission, and then we were able to hear Elder Lyn G. Robbins speak to us. His talk was fantastic! He talked a lot about being obedient and having goals, and then he talked talked about doing and becoming. His point was that as missionaries (or as anyone), we can't just go around doing good things. We have to become more Christ-like as well, or it doesn't really mean anything. With that, we can't just be Christ-like and then not be doing anything good either. He talked about setting goals for what we want to do and be during our missions and after our missions.

Sister Wilwand, Sister Clark and Elder ? during the Mission Tour.

Mission Tours are a favorite, as Sister Wilwand gets to see many good friends from all over her mission.


Sister Wilwand and Sister Sia



This week was also the first week that I really felt like I was an STL. We finally went on exchanges this week, and they were super fun! I was able to go with two of our sisters, and I loved it! I was super nervous at first because as STLs, we have to do evaluation with the sisters after our day. But it actually ended up being fine. I learned a lot from both of the sisters that I went with, so it was great =]

This coming week, that is when we'll feel even more like STLs. We have a conference tomorrow for all of the leaders in the mission, and then next week we have to give workshops in our zone conference and zone training. It should be fun!

Another thing that just happened yesterday was that we found a family to teach!! We've been praying and fasting to find a family here in this area that is ready for the gospel, and yesterday I think we may have found them. It was only the first time that we've taught them, but they had some really good questions and were so so very nice. I'm excited to go back to see them!

Another miracle that happened was today! We got to go to the temple! I absolutely love the temple, and I was very excited to be able to go again. It really is one of the best places to be on this entire earth. There you can really feel Heavenly Father's love for you. It was great!

Well, I just want to all to know that I absolutely love being a missionary!!! It really is the best thing in the entire world. I love you all!



Love,
Sister Wilwand

No comments:

Post a Comment