Sunday, October 26, 2014

Nandito na ako sa San Jose Del Monte!!

Well, I'm here! I am now in my fourth area. Pangarap Ward, in San Jose Del Monte, and I am loving it!!

My companion is a fantastic missionary named Sister Sia (pronounced Sha), and I love her so much!! She is such a hard worker, and she is hilarious. We are always laughing while we're outside working or just inside the house. I love her! She is so obedient and just wants to go out and help all the people that are here. I'm excited to be her companion for the next little while.

Sister Wilwand and her new companion Sister Sia

So I've had a couple questions about what exactly STLs do. Well... That's a really good question. So far, we've had a leadership meeting, and we've set up one set of exchanges. That's about it. But mostly what we do is take care of the sisters that we are in charge of. So, we go on exchanges with them, strengthen them, inspire them and help them work out any problems they might have. Basically, we're kind of like zone leaders or district leaders, but just specifically over the sisters. We also have to give workshops at some of the training meetings that we have, and that is one thing we're a little bit nervous about... But hopefully it'll be fun =]

Anyway, this past week has been pretty great! Last week we actually had transfers where we had to travel and everything. There were actually four of us that traveled together, 2 sisters and 2 elders. I got to travel with Sister Clark! And we traveled together all the way to the mission office. We dropped off the elders at another meeting point where their companions were. We had a lot of mix-ups and miscommunication, but we eventually got everyone where they were supposed to be.

You might be wondering how our area is going since we don't really know where we are. Well actually, it's going great! Heavenly Father has definitely blessed us this past weekend. He definitely has some great things planned for this area over here. We've only gotten lost a few times, and sometimes, we'll just meet random members on the street who then end up working with us. It's great!! And yesterday, we got the biggest welcome from the ward! I love it here! Our ward mission leader, and all the other leaders here are fantastic, and I'm excited to work with them. It's going to be great!

I think that might be just about all that's going on here. I'm excited for this week and next week! We have a mission tour this week, and then we have temple p-day next week!!! I'm way excited for that.

Well, I guess the last thing I want to share is a cool scripture I found this morning. Alma 53:10. This talks about the people that Ammon helped to convert, but it emphasizes that it wasn't really Ammon that converted all of those Lamanites, but the power and word of God. I just love this verse because it really shows us that this isn't our work. It's the Lord's. 

I love you all! Hopefully you all have a fantastic week!

Love,
Sister Wilwand

No comments:

Post a Comment