Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Mission Tour and last interviews with President & Sister Sperry

Hello hello!!

Well, this week has been a good week! We've had lots of activities and spiritual workshops, and woo! It's been a way good last couple of days.

Let's see, the biggest thing that has happened this week was mission tour!! It was just this past Saturday, and it was fantastic! We had Elder Craig C. Christensen come down to talk to all of us. Our entire mission was in one chapel. It was way awesome! I got to see everyone from my batch, and people from my old zone back in Fairview. It was probably one of the coolest things ever! It was way neat to see so many missionaries there all at once. That talk that Elder Christensen gave us was way awesome! He talked a lot about attitude and how we just need to be positive while we're out here. I mean we are out serving the Lord, preaching his gospel. How can we not be happy about that?  It was way good! All of the talks that we were able to hear were just amazing! I loved it!

All the missionaries serving in Quezon City North


Mission tour meant reuniting with her MTC companion and dear friend, Sister Clark

Sister Kalama was Sister Clark's trainer and now is Sister Wilwand's companion. These three get along so well! Photo bombed by a couple of Elders :)


Sister Wilwand's MTC batch, together again



Reconnecting with former kabahays

Sister Cork and Sister Wilwand

More mission tour pictures (and no, not a new skirt. Just borrowed from a kabahay. I asked because I LOVE to wear that color, but haven't seen Sister Wilwand wear it much)




On Sunday, it was fast Sunday. And let me just tell you, fasting really does work! We were fasting for our area, and  we ended up getting two referrals from one family on Sunday! One is a friend of the son, and another is a cousin that is actually living with them. What?? It's so cool! We're super excited to be able to go and actually teach them this week! It'll be way great!

On Monday, we had zone interviews! Our last zone interviews with President and Sister Sperry =( We had such good talks though! President Sperry actually gave his marriage talk that he usually gives to missionaries who are leaving. He said that since he won't be here when the rest of us leave, he might as well give it to us now. It was actually really good. And Sister Sperry talked about giving everything that we have to the Lord while we are out here for the few months that we are. She was so right! As Sisters, we're only out here for 18 months. When I first got out here, that sounded like forever. Now that I've been here for almost 8 months, that sounds like nothing! It really is no time at all. We also had a talk from our Zone Leaders about having a good attitude about everything while being out here. Isn't that true though? If we don't have a good attitude, then what is the point of being out here at all?

The kabahays with Sister Sperry
  
Sister Wilwand with President & Sister Sperry. Their time is almost up and QCN will be getting a new mission president July 1st.


On Tuesday, we had zone training. The Zone Leaders gave us a really good workshop that was, again, focused on attitude. And again, it was really good! They had us all go up in front and talk about how our attitudes have changed, and the things that we have learned from our missions. Well, I didn't really know what to say, but while I was up there, I realized a few things. While I've definitely learned some things on my mission, there is still a lot more to learn! I have a lot more growing and learning to do. I'm glad that I'm barely halfway. I need all the time that I can get over here!!

It started pouring just as they got out of their jeepney after the Mission Tour. No one had umbrellas!


The beautiful sky over Quezon City. Sister Wilwand said they have lightning storms almost every night!

And today, we got to go to the temple! I loved it! I just love going to the temple. We really are blessed that we're able to live close enough to go to the temple. It's awesome! It is definitely one of the coolest places on earth. If you haven't gone in a while, go! It's so worth it.

At the temple in Manila


Well, if you can't tell, I've had a pretty good week! I'm excited to be a missionary! I love this work, and I love being out here in the Philippines preaching the gospel! I love you all! --- Alma 29:9-10

Love,

Sister Wilwand

No comments:

Post a Comment