Sunday, August 10, 2014

Falling in love with Malolos

Hello from the beautiful land of Malolos!

Let me just tell you right from the start, I am loving being in this area!!! It is so different from either of the two areas that I have ever been in, but it is so great! I love it, and I'm never going to leave =]

Ok, so we've had a pretty fantasticly-awesome week this week. I just can't even believe the progression that we're having over here so far. It really is so different from my last two areas, but I love it!

So this week, we had so many miracles with the people that we are teaching. For one thing, we have a baptism coming up on the 30th! You guys have no idea how excited I am for this!! Everything has just been falling into place with this baptism. Hopefully it will keep going that way. These three kids are so ready to get baptized, and I think we're ready for them to get baptized as well. All we're really waiting for is just to finish the lessons, and get them interviewed, and then we'll have their baptism!!! So exciting!

We've also had some other way neat experiences this week with some of our other investigators. We have one who is awesome! We just started teaching him this week, and he has so many amazing questions for us! He's asking all of these 'questions of the soul', and we love it! He even came to church yesterday, and he's already past 1 Nephi 13 in his Book of Mormon. It's fantastic!!

We also had another new investigator this week who just happened to sit in on another lesson with a different investigator, and she ended up coming to church as well! She even brought four of her kids with her!!

And our ward here is amazing! We didn't even have a chance to sit next to our investigators because our ward members were all over the whole fellowshipping thing. It was so great!!

Thing are just going so well over here!! I love my companion and my area and our ward and the other missionaries here! It's all just going great right now. 

I don't think much else has really happened this week. We're just having such a great time in our area. So here's a little thought for the week:

I was reading in Mormon chapter 9 today, and I love this chapter!! This chapter is all about how God is a God of miracles. And isn't that the truth!! I especially love verse 19: "And if there were miracles wrought then, why has God ceased to be a God of miracles and yet be an unchangeable Being? And behold, I say unto you he changeth not; if so he would cease to be God; and he ceaseth not to be God, and is a God of miracles." God is a God of miracles, and I can testify to that. In verse 20, it talks about how God only ceases to do miracles when we don't have faith in him. If we have faith, there will be miracles. I can promise you that.

I love you all, and I now that this church is true!! Have a fantastic week!

Love,
Sister Wilwand

No pictures this week - she forgot her card reader to upload any photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment