Sunday, August 3, 2014

Goodbye Montalban, hello Malolos!

Hello from my new area!

Woo, this week has been long and so fast at the same time!

Sister Wilwand's last night in Montalban. They used the candles they bought for a blackout to have a little "campfire" and roast s'mores.

Last night with her companion Sister Apolinario.


So on Wednesday, we had transfer day. It was a little bit crazy. Originally, I was supposed to go straight to my area. I was supposed to travel with another Elder part of the way and then go to Malolos, but that didn't end up happening. I found out on Tuesday night that I would actually be going to the mission home with all of the other trainers and trainees to go get Sister Bugtong from there. So that's what happened =] We went to the mission home on Wednesday morning, had a little bit of training with our trainees, and then we went to our area! We actually didn't get to our area util 5:30 or so because it's one of the farthest areas. But we're here now!

Sister Wilwand's trainer Sister Collins, Sister Wilwand, Sister Collin's new trainee (can't read the nametag...) and Sister Wilwand's new trainee Sister Bugtong.


Thursday was our first day working in our area! It was a great day! The people in our area are so amazing! It's a little bit tough because neither Sister Bugtong or I really know our area, but we'll get there! Sister Bugtong is amazing! She pretty much came to the field already trained. I feel like she's training me! We've had so much success, even if just the past few days. She's awesome!

Sister Clark and Sister Wilwand, together again! Sister Wilwand was so excited to find out that her awesome MTC companion was also going to Malolos and would be her neighbor.


I love this new area! We were able to extend four baptismal invitations in the past few days, and we are so excited!! We have these three kids who have been waiting for a few months now to get baptized, and we were finally able to schedule their baptismal date of August 30th. We are so excited!! We also extended another baptismal date to a sister who seems so ready for the gospel. We hope for her to be baptized in September. I think it's going to be awesome!

Even our ward is so amazing here. We have so much support from the ward, it's fantastic. Ward members really make or break missionary work, and here they are definitely making it! The members here are amazing. We even have relief society members scheduled to work in both areas in our ward every single day this work. It's so great!

I am so excited to work in this area for the next few months. I think it will be awesome!

Sister Wilwand's "awesome" living quarters. One room plus a bathroom. She sleeps in the kitchen!!  At least they have a fan :)


Alright, here's something from my personal study this week that I wanted to share with you all. So I was reading in 3 Nephi the other day, in chapter 17, and I love this chapter! Actually, I love all of third Nephi, but I especially like this chapter. If you don't know the story, first of all, go read it. But I'll give you a little background. So this is when Jesus Christ comes to America, and he's talking to all of the Nephites. In this part, Jesus tells them that his time is at hand, and all of the people are so sad that Jesus is about to leave them. All of the Nephites seems so sad, and so Jesus decided to stay with them for a little while longer. Even just this little part shows how much Jesus Christ loves those people. He has just been killed and resurrected in just a few days. I think that He probably had a lot of things that he was supposed to be doing. But, because He loves all of us so much, He took the time to heal the Nephites' sick, blind. lame, and everyone who had something wrong with them. And then, Jesus Christ calls all of the children to him, every single one, and He blesses them. One by one.  I love this image. Can you just imagine the Savior taking every single one of those children and then blessing every single one of them? I love it. Jesus Christ loves us, and He will never leave us.

I love you all so much! I hope you all have a fantastic week!!

Love,
Sister Wilwand

No comments:

Post a Comment