Sunday, August 17, 2014

Mission Tour

Well, we have had another fantastic week over here in Malolos!!

Our area is really doing so well! I just can't even get over how much I love it over here. We are teaching the best families. They are all amazing, and I really have decided I'm just never going to leave. Ok? I'll see you all in the next life.

Ok, just kidding, but we really are having the best time over here!! We're getting ready for a baptism of three of our investigators on the 30th, and I couldn't be more excited for it! They are all kids, but they are so excited to get baptized. And we're excited for them!! It's going to be great.

So one of the coolest things that happened in our week this week was our mission tour. 

Malolos Zone with Elder Bowen (blue tie) & Sister Bowen and QCN's new Mission President, President Bertin (green tie) and Sister Bertin



Lots of Mission Tour pictures! Sister Bugtong, Sister Wilwand and another Sister.

Sister Wilwand & Sister Clark, together again. And some Elders... :)

Sister Bugtong, Sister Wilwand and more Elders

Sister Wilwand and Sister Clark - not sure who the Sister in the middle is (maybe Sister Clark's comp?)


This is a friend for life, for sure!


:)



Elder Shayne M. Bowen has recently been called to serve in our Area Presidency, and so he came and toured our mission this week. He is amazing!! He talked to half of the mission on Wednesday and the rest of us on Thursday. It was the best talk that I have ever heard in my mission.

He talked to us about 3 things that could change our missions if we decided to do them. He told us that some of us would walk out of the meeting and do those things, and some of us would walk out and not. So I decided that I would walk out and do those things. So here's what those three things were: 1. Get up every morning at 6:30.-- When he said that, I thought ok, easy. Check that one off the list. 2. Do your nightly planning with your companion every night.-- Again, this ones pretty easy to do. As soon as you get home, you plan. Check. And then there was number 3: Talk to at least 20 people everyday. Now when Elder Bowen got to this one, I had to pause for a second and think to myself. "Can I really do that?" But I had already told myself that I would do these things, to change my mission. So, I made a promise to myself that I would talk to more people.

After that day,my mission hasn't been the same. Yes, it was only a few days ago, but my mission has already gotten better. We've already had more miracles just in the past couple days. And this is something that is not easy. Talking to people is scary, but it is so worth it. You never know who is going to accept the gospel until you talk to them. You don't know anything about them, until you talk to them. So this is what we've been doing. We've set some pretty high goals for ourselves, but we're excited. We're excited to go and achieve them and to be able to be the best missionaries we can be.

I was reading in 1 Nephi this week for my personal study. I finished the Book of Mormon, and now I'm starting over again, and I love it! But anyways, I was reading in chapters 11-15 where Nephi is seeing the vision that his father had, and more. In there is talks about the scattering and gathering of the House of Israel, and it talks about the coming forth of the gospel. As members of the church, we have a unique opportunity to know the truth, and we have an even better opportunity to share it to the entire world. So here's my challenge for you. Have you talked to someone about the gospel today? If you haven't, go and do it. It's worth it.

I love you all!! And I'm grateful for every single one of you. You're all amazing!!

Love,
Sister Wilwand

No comments:

Post a Comment