Monday, October 20, 2014

Transfers Na!

(not sure what "na" means, but it seems to be almost a "you know" like comment.)

Well, it's transfer week!!!

And it has been a crazy week.

So we'll start off with yesterday. We had transfer announcements yesterday. And I found out I was transferring. But actually I've known for a while. About a week or so ago, I got a call from our APs, and they told me that I was going to be transferred. The reason they were calling me was because I just got called to be an STL (one of the traveling sisters), and we are going to open an area. So, the sisters that are there right now are Sister Benesch and Sister Miner. They are going home tomorrow. So me and my companion, also a newly called STL, will be going to an area that we've never really been too. It'll be fun =]

Sister Benesch, Sister Kalama and Sister Miner all finished their missions this week and headed for home.

So because of that call, last week I actually got to visit this area. I went on exchanges with the two sisters there, and we worked for a day. Seems good right? But it'll still be pretty new because it's hard to memorize that many people in one day. But hopefully we'll be fine. So I was with them last week on Wednesday, and then kind of hung out in the office and went on splits with another set of sisters on Thursday. It was pretty fun =]

And that's why it's been a crazy week. Yesterday we also found out that Sister Clark is going to be an STL!!! I am so excited. That means that we will see each other every month at our monthly meetings. I was pretty excited when she got called. It will be awesome! And, my trainee, Sister Bugtong doesn't yet know who her companion will be. She'll find out tomorrow when she goes to get her at the mission home. But right now, we think she might be from Fiji, so it should be fun =]

Sister Wilwand and Sister Bugtong, before Transfer day


Other than that, we've just been trying to say goodbye to everyone, and make sure that everything is going well in our area. It's so hard to say goodbye!! Especially to some of our recent converts. But I know that the Lord needs us in other places, and that's why we're going. 

Saying goodbye to all those she has come to love







This is probably the favorite picture Sister Wilwand has sent home - the joy on her face and the love of these sweet little ones. Just awesome to behold for this momma missing her girl!


We also have a baptism this weekend!!! I won't get to go to it, since I'll be pretty far away, but I'm excited anyway. It's a girl that we've been working with for a while, and she is definitely ready to be baptized. We're pretty excited for her =]

Otherwise, I just want you all to know that Heavenly Father really does love us. He knows who each and everyone of us are personally. He love us so much. He doesn't want us to be sad, he doesn't want us to have a hard time... He just wants us to be happy. But he knows that this life is filled with trials and challenges. And that's why he has given us prayer, scriptures, church, priesthood power, family, friends, and so many other things to help us. I love you all! Have a fantastic week!

Love,
Sister Wilwand






No comments:

Post a Comment