Saturday, January 11, 2014

The Work is Progressing!

Dear Family and Friends,

First of all, sorry! We've had P-day on Wednesday for the past few weeks, but next week it's back to Monday!

This week has been so great! Seriously, probably the best week so far as our works goes. Let me tell you a few stories:

We have this family whom I love dearly. They are less-active at the moment, and they've been kind of in and out of the church a lot recently. They've had some family problems, work problems, and lots of other kinds of problems. We've been working with them for more than 6 weeks or so. We've worked with them since I've been here, and the companionships before us worked with them as well. On Sunday, since it's the New Year, our meeting time changed from 9 to 1. Well, we got a text from this family wondering when church was. Of course, we were so excited! Come to find out, we didn't have any load on our phone to text them back. I was freaking out just a little bit, but were just prayed really hard that they would either text someone else, or that their one active son would figure out what time church was. So when we got to church, they were there!!! Woo! During sacrament meeting, the Mom even got up to bear her testimony. Oh my goodness. I was so excited, I probably almost had a heart attack. So on Monday, we had an AMAZING lesson with them about eternal marriage. I was crying, my companion was crying, and the mom was crying as she told us about how she wanted her family to be sealed. It was the coolest thing ever. I have so much hope for this family, I almost can't hold it in. They are so awesome.

Next, we had lots and lots of less-actives come to church on Sunday! One was a girl that we teach with her sister. She is married with a little boy. Cutest little boy! When we taught her last week, she shared her testimony with us about how she knew that the Second Coming was close, and how she knew that the church was true. And then she came to church on Sunday! Ah!! I was way excited for her too. She's so great, and I hope that she will continue to build her testimony!

We had an awesome zone training this week! Our zone leaders are probably two of the coolest missionaries I've ever met. They have some awesome insights about the gospel, and I love it! We also got to go to the temple this week! In the Philippines, there is a temple in Manila and a temple in Cebu, so I'm lucky enough to be in a mission close enough to be able to go. I absolutely love the temple! It is the most amazing place in this entire world. Mom and Dad, I'm glad that you decided to make it more of a priority. It definitely should be!
(This was not this week's Zone Conference, but their Christmas Zone Conference.)

We did get a new Sister in our apartment this week! Her name is Sister Bonaylo, and she is so great! She's from the Philippines, and she's awesome! She's super sweet, and she has an amazing testimony. She loves to talk and tell us stories, so she makes our house really fun! We all get along super well,  so our house is way fun! I'm excited for this transfer!

For my family, thank you for everything that you guys do for me! Thank you for being my family. You all are amazing! Being here has made me appreciate all of you especially. I'm glad that we are sealed together in the temple. I know I don't have to worry about any of you while I'm out here. But thank you for being the family that you are! I love you all!!

Just a little thought for the week. We had zone training this week, and something that one of our zone leaders said to us really stuck with me. He said, "This Gospel is not for perfect people..." Simple right? But think about it. Especially in reference to missionary work and the Atonement. As missionaries or members, sometimes we think that we have to find the perfect golden family to share the gospel with. Wrong. The gospel is for everyone. Whether they accept it or not is their choice, but whether we share it with them or not is our choice. Share with everyone you know. If they reject it, they are not rejecting you. They are rejecting Christ, but share it with them anyways because you know it can change their lives. Be confident in what you say and what you share, and they will believe you. In reference to the Atonement, this gospel is perfect for imperfect people. The Atonement can make you clean, it can give you courage, it can comfort you, it can save you. We have been given the most amazing gift that anyone could ask for. Develop your knowledge of the Atonement. This will make you want to share the gospel with people. We are all imperfect, and Heavenly Father meant for us to be that way. We need the Atonement. Everyone does, and the only way is through this church and through this gospel.

I love you all! Have a fantastic week!

Love,
Sister Wilwand

No comments:

Post a Comment